A trademark is the main product identifier, the face and symbol of corporate identity of any business, as well as a powerful economic tool. Neglect of timely made registration almost always leads to a number of negative consequences, including unfair registration by a third party, which may entail obstacles to promotion and sale of goods and services, blocking products at customs, long-term litigations, and other times cost-consuming matters. Moreover, using an unregistered designation significantly increases the risk of violation of earlier rights, resulting in complete rebranding, where all previously made investments will be lost.
We have significant experience helping businesses throughout the brand's development: from choosing a trademark to a sophisticated strategic framework focusing on protection against copying, imitation, and dilution.
Our expertise in this area includes the following:
· Developing a strategy for protection of a new brand
· Availability searches and legal opinions
· Monitoring and watch services
· National and international TM filings and prosecution
· Pre-grant and post-grant oppositions
· TM licensing
· TM assignments and amendments
· Recognizing TM well-known
· TM renewals
· Amicable settlements and coexistence agreements
· TM enforcement
· Advising on advertising and antitrust regulations
· Customs protection and anti-counterfeiting