We know how to protect confidential commercial information for the benefit of the client.
Sometimes valuable information may not be copyrighted or patented but still may be protected as know-how, trade secret and/or confidential information. Details of such protection vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but generally, it is possible to prevent and penalize its illegal disclosure. Such protection can be crucial for IT, TMT, Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical industries.
Particular remedies against disclosing know-how and trade secrets depend on the situation and may be found in intellectual property law, civil law, competition law, criminal law, etc. Specific pieces of confidential information may be protected by law specific to certain industries, such as data exclusivity provisions in pharmaceuticals.
We offer full range of trade secrets-related services: from ensuring that particular information is appropriately designated as such and that all relevant actors are under proper non-disclosure obligation to preventing disclosure through the courts.
Our expertise in this area includes the following:
· Drafting policies for businesses regarding know-how and trade secrets protection
· Training for businesses regarding know-how and trade secrets protection
· Counseling regarding know-how and trade secrets
· Licensing and franchising regarding know-how and trade secrets
· Litigation regarding know-how and trade secrets
· Communication with government authorities regarding know-how and trade secrets and violation of the rights thereto